Sunday, November 20, 2011

Ten Tantalising Days

I've sat my final exam and I'm now on holidays. It hasn't sunk in yet that my course is finished, it's surreal. I've been enjoying my holidays though. I went to a wedding yesterday and to the beach today with some friends. It was nice to just relax though I'm currently sporting a red nose because I got sunburned, again! Evidently, I'm channelling Rudolph and getting into the Christmas cheer early.
~

In ten days I will find out my Honours result. I'm feeling a mixture of emotions, just thinking about finding out is a little overwhelming. I want to know how I've done but at the same time so much hinges on this result... If you can remember what it was like waiting on your year 12 results, you'll have an inkling of what it's like for me at the moment. I can either ring up or go in person to uni to find out but I plan to go in. It would feel too weird to find out my final result over the phone.

I'm also awaiting word as to whether I've gained an interview for the postgraduate courses I applied for. I've heard back from one university already. I wasn't successful in gaining an interview. Each uni looks for slightly different qualities though, so hopefully one of my other applications will be successful. I'm trying to remain both upbeat and realistic. If I don't get in anywhere I'll work on what I need to, to strengthen my application for next year. Until then, I'll be counting down the days until the 30th and watching the postbox like a hawk. I could hear back from the other universities about whether I have gained an interview any time between now and about the first week in December.


Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment